Thursday, May 21, 2020

Looks Promising......YOYO Runs

Looks like we have a plan that will work - to enable us to salvage the rest of the Summer Swing 5K runs. We are 95% "go" as of today. I'm waiting for one more piece to fall into place. I should be able to give you a complete "full speed ahead" next week. Here's the plan. We will minimize any person-to-person contact and maintain suggested social distancing. Let's call them our "YOYO" runs - essentially each runner is on their own ("You're On Your Own"). Each runner should bring their own water/sports drink and anything else you might need. Just show up at 6pm on Tuesdays at the Denson Drive Rec Center, as we always have. The run series will be free. No registration, no water or GatorAde coolers provided, no hamburgers/hot dogs. And sadly, no cold washcloths at the finishing line (bummer). I will still time races and keep results posted on this blog site for anyone interested in tracking their times this summer. Restrooms are available across the street at Monkey Park. I am hopeful that Rec Center restrooms will be available in June (currently not available). First run - Tuesday June 2. So here's the good news - we can still get together to run - and see friends and have fun - with some structure - and it will be free! I'm hoping for good turnouts - I miss my running friends. If you have any questions you can reach me at durunforfun@yahoo.com, or call me at 334-524-5021. I think this will work! Look forward to seeing you June 2. There will be more information coming next week. I'll also plan to send out email reminders for contact information that I have from last year. Get Ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment