Tuesday, August 9, 2016

It's a Wrap - Season 2016 in the Books

It's been a great SS series - we've had wonderful participation and I don't think anyone has enjoyed it more than me! We had 195 different runners take part this year. That's a heap of people. We had one perfect attendance - Bill Lacy - who finally achieved that PR he has been looking for, on the very last run. Congratulations, Bill! We had 4 people who missed only one run - Allen and Cameo Sabey, Shane Newsome, and Kermit Davis. Kim White only missed two runs. All of you did well and it was a pleasure to see you week after week. Again, much thanks to the Boone family. They are the ones who brought the oranges and cookies week after week. Evelyn, oldest daughter, helped me at the finish line for many of the runs. A big thank you to Alvin Walls as well, who missed the last few weeks with a health issue, but is doing better, I hear. Missed you, my friend, and hope to see you back next year. Also, thanks again to Bob Banks and Summer Vaughan for covering for me while I was on vacation. That's about it for now, except for the results of today's run. Hope to see all of you soon. It's been fun! Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment